Designed by famed architect Atlee B. Ayres, the Steel House Lofts
building was originally constructed in 1913 as the Peden Iron & Steel Company. In 2006, the historic structure was converted into contemporary lofts. Many units at the Steel House Lofts include soaring ceilings, concrete floors, exposed brick walls, and other architectural features resembling the original structure. Residents can enjoy a lap pool with cabana, fitness center, large storage units, pet park, secure parking, and the convenience to the popular La Fruteria
restaurant on the bottom floor of the building.