Here are some spring-cleaning tips to make sure your house is organized and in tip top shape this year.
- WINDOWS. Clean windows allow more light to come in which brightens up your space. Tip: Clean your windows on a cloudy day. If you clean your windows on a sunny day, the sun dries out your solution and leaves streaks. While you’re at it clean your screens with old carpet scraps.
- BASEBOARDS/DOORS. The baseboards and doors more than likely are being over looked during normal day to day cleaning. Give them a little more attention this spring by just wiping them down with a damp washcloth or paper towel.
- REFRIGERATOR. Now is a good time to go through and throw out any expired condiments and thoroughly clean the shelves. Water and baking soda is a good combination for this job. Not only does it clean but the baking soda repels odors. Make sure you dust the refrigerator coils and don’t forget to check the drip pan underneath the refrigerator. Now is also a good time to defrost your freezer.
- LIME BUILD UP. An easy way to get rid of the lime build up around your faucets is to damp a paper towel and pour vinegar over it. Let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour. The vinegar will break up the lime making it easier to wipe it away.
- CEILING FANS. When dusting your ceiling fans apply a coat of furniture polish. Wipe off the excess and your fan blades are clean.
- CARPET/RUGS. Steam clean and shampoo your carpets and rugs. You can either pay a carpet company or rent a carpet cleaner.
- SMOKE/CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS. Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and insure they are working properly.
- BEDROOMS. While your sheets are washing, vacuum the mattress and box spring. Flip and rotate your mattress to prolong its life. Now is also a good time to wash your pillows.
- BATHROOMS. Discard any beauty products, cosmetics or cleaning supplies. You will also want to re-stock your first aid kit.
- CLOSETS. Go through your closets and donate any clothes that are too big, too small or you no longer wear. Organize your shoes, purses and accessories.
Leave a Comment