Riding the Pine! With Rates at 4.75%
Sit on the sidelines any longer and you may miss the game. First time home buyers should take advantage of the market to get in on a good investment with strong returns...Read More
Movin' On Up
What a great time to trade up to your next house! Let’s assume your market has depreciated by 10%. This would mean:
1. If your house was worth $250,000 you have lost $25,000 in value.
2. If your Trade-Up house was worth $500,000 they have lost $50,000 (let's hope they are moving to a $1mil home).
By trading up and selling your house at current values you are actually coming out even by gaining the difference of $25,000 ($50,000 on the new house - $25,000 on the old house).
NOW, here is the kicker. If you take advantage in getting into a larger house now, as the market comes back, your appreciation on a more expensive home will be much greater than your old home (given straight line appreciation).
Is That a Light at the End of the Tunnel?
It's official: The U.S. entered a recession in December 2007, according to the private National Bureau of Economic Research's business cycle dating committee - 1:03 p.m. EST Dec. 1, 2008...Read More
From the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics: Recession...Read More
From the article... "The average recession during the past fifty years lasted eleven months..."
Here is what to take from this, I think there is much more to be positive about right now than most might believe:
· The average recession during the past fifty years
· The 3 worst recessions (other than the Great
Depression) since 1920 lasted 16 - 18 months.
· The Great Depression lasted 43 months.
· THIS RECESSION started in December 2007, meaning:
· We are now already 12 months into it.
· We've already been through a longer recessionthan half of them.
· If this recession is as bad as the 3 worst (other than the Great Depression) we only have 4 to 6 months more to go (this summer).
· If this turns out to be as bad as the "Great Depression" we already are almost 1/3 through it.
The federal government has thrown more money at this problem than ANY other initiative in the history of this country, and appears that they will continue to do so until there are signs that things are turning around .
Most of what has been injected has not even had a chance to filter into the economy yet. We all might be surprised of the results when it does.
Lest we forget? We live in TEXAS! We are strong, resilient, and will lead the rest of the country out of the mire.
|Abu Dhabi - Green City!
Petroleum is SOOOOO 20th century...Read More
Green Tips for Homeowners
Saving energy on the cheap...Read More
The LOHAS Lifestyle possibilities are endless………………….
USE SHELTER MORTGAGE.
NOW more than ever is it important that you have a Loan Officer who can navigate the industry changes. A Trusted Advisor and Team Mate are essential to your Real Estate success. Please give me a call so that we can discuss what we can do to help grow your business.