Now is the time to apply for 2013 Homestead Exemption! You must apply between January 1st and March 1st.
This will mean substantial savings on your real estate taxes. If you do not apply by March 1ST , you will lose your eligibility for this year.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION
To qualify for the Homestead Exemption, the applicant must at minimum meet the following criteria as of
January 1st : * Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident, * Own the property (i.e., have legal or equitable title).*
Occupy the property as his/her permanent residence (to the exclusion of all others), * Only those qualified
persons listed on the exemption application will receive the exemption benefits. If the property is held jointly
by husband and wife, either party may apply in person for the homestead exemption.
For more information go to: http://www.miamidade.gov/pa/exemptions_homestead_filing.asp
YOU WILL NEED
(ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN YOUR NAME)
Proof of Ownership
: any one of the following
• A pre-printed application mailed to you by the property appraiser • A recorded warranty deed
Proof of Florida Residence:
any one of the following
• Florida vehicle registration, • Florida voter's registration, • Prior year's irs return or current w-2 form,
• Bank statements and checking account registered at the property • Proof of payments for utilities at the
1) YOU MAY RENEW/FILE BY MAIL
a) download the application form
b) Complete the form
c) Attach documents indicated on the form.
Property Appraiser, PO BOX 013140, Miami FL 33101-3140
2) YOU MAY FILE IN PERSON at one of the following locations, Monday-Friday 9 AM-4 PM,
(Except legal holidays. Monday January 16th, 2012 and February 20th, 2012)
Stephen P. Clark Center South Dade Government Center
111 NW 1st Street, Suite 710 10710 SW 211th Street, Room 207
Miami, Fl 33128 Cutler Bay, Fl 33189
3) YOU MAY FILE ONLINE @ http://www.miamidade.gov/pa/email/form.asp
If I may be of further assistance, please call me. It’s always a pleasure to hear from you.
Miami Real Estate Specialist